- Advising Calendar
- Whom to Contact - Faculty or Staff Advisor?
- Advisor Contact Information and Advising Hours
- Other Academic Advising and Support Resources
Whom to Contact - Faculty or Staff Advisor?
The Statistics Department has Faculty and Staff Advisors. You can best utilize your time and the advisors' time by first referring to the advisor who can best help you with your specific question or issue. Please read our website information and Frequently Asked Questions before contacting an advisor.
|Faculty Advisors||Staff Advisor||Google Request Form|
|Field of statistics (Both)||General Academic Policies||Requesting approval for cluster course for the major|
|Statistics course content and selection (Both)||Enrollment Issues||Requesting approval to use a course taken elsewhere for the major|
|Research||When you have completed major declaration paperwork and are ready to declare|
|Graduate school (Both)||Major completion checks and graduation|
|Career exploration (Both)||Academic Probation|
|Applied Cluster Approvals (when not explicitly on the Approved Cluster List)||Major Declaration Process (see web page How to Declare first)|
- Majabeen Samadi, Undergraduate Staff Advisor
367A Evans Hall | 510-643-2459
Refer to the Advising Calendar above for drop-ins and appointments times.
-Appointments are booked through CalCentral. Click here for instructions.
- Denise Yee, Undergraduate Staff Advisor & Course and Curriculum Officer
On-leave until mid-November
Questions? Students can reach Statistics Major Advisors by emailing stat-ugrad [at] berkeley [dot] edu.
Statistics Undergraduate Faculty Advisors
- Prof. Will Fithian, Undergraduate Faculty Advisor
Check back for updates when Fall faculty drop-in hours are scheduled.
- College of Letters & Science (academic policies)
- Student Learning Center (tutors, study groups, exam reviews, study skills)
- Student Life Advising
- Academic Services in the Residence Halls
- Private Tutoring by Statistics graduate students on a fee for services basis
- Student-to-Student Peer Counseling
- University Health Services Counseling (academic adjustments, stress and anxiety, etc.) and medical issues
- Disabled Students’ Program (academic accommodations, assistive technology, etc.)
- Center for Educational Equity and Excellence, including:
- Cal Independent Scholars Network
- Cal Veteran Services Center
- Educational Opportunity Program
- Re-entry Student Program
- Student Parent Center
- Transfer Student Services Center
- Undocumented Student Program