The Department of Statistics operates a free consulting service for members of the campus community. Advanced graduate students, under faculty supervision, consult by appointment in the fall and spring semesters.
Campus researchers — faculty, staff, and students — are welcome to use our service for statistical advice at any stage of their research, but it is best to come early so that the consultants can be helpful at the design stage. Some problems may be outside our scope; if so, we will not provide service beyond an initial consultation.
This service is associated with the course Statistics 272, which may be taken for credit.
Schedule a Consultation
Please email us to inquire about consulting services for your project.
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put Consultation in the subject line.
- In the body of your message, please provide a short description (one paragraph to two pages) of your problem.
- All appointments are held in 443 Evans. Drop-in appointments are possible, but you are more likely to secure an appointment if you reserve one in advance. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please let us know your preferred time.
- Consulting Service in Spring 2015 will start in the week of Jan 26.
- No new cases will be accepted from the week of April 27. The service will resume in Fall, 2015.
Note: Questions regarding coursework or homework are handled by the Tutoring service rather than Consulting.