The Statistical Computing Facility (SCF) is a unit of the academic Department of Statistics, formally organized in 1986. We provide computing, networking, and information resources to the community of students, faculty, and staff of the Statistics Department and the Econometrics Laboratory of the Department of Economics in support of the University's mission of teaching, research, and public service. It is staffed by a Systems Manager, a Statistical Computing Consultant, and UNIX System Administrator.
- Do You Need Help?
Browse or search our online documentation for assistance
- Get a Computing Account for the SCF
SCF accounts are used to grant access to the laboratory computers in Evans 342, Evans 432, and the computer in the printing room (Evans 365). They also used to grant access to the SCF computing cluster, compute servers, and departmental file server. Please click on the link above if you require an SCF account and fill out the requested information.
- Wireless Network Access
UC Berkeley offers a variety of Wi-Fi network access services. AirBears2 does not require you to enter your CalNet credentials every time but you must acquire an access key at the UC Berkeley Identity Site. EduRoam is a Cross-institution Wi-Fi access service, for more information see www.eduroam.org.
- Wired Network
Get your computer onto the wired network in Evans Hall.
- Remote Access to SCF servers
Connect to SCF machines and computing resources, including from home and while traveling
- Overview for self-managed/private computers
- Access your SCF home directory by manually copying files or by mounting the directory
- Set up printing:
- Printing is managed through LSIT Services and access to the printers, except for the lab computers in Evans 342 and Evans 432, requires CalNet credentials. Information on how to setup SCF printers for faculty, staff, and eligible post-docs, GSIs and graduate students is available in our printer installation guide.
- Set up your personal webpage
- Questions about your bMail (@berkeley.edu) email.