Professional Development is offered through the Professional Masters of Art in Statistics program. The resources provided throughout the program will help you prepare for a career in the field of statistics. Workshops will be run throughout the academic year to help you prepare for a career in statistics. Alumni will also be available to share their experiences in the program and help you gain insight into the industry.
Where Do I Start?
Step 1: Prepare
Once accepted to the program you will be asked to send your resume to the MA Program Coordinator for review. The MA Program Coordinator will give you feedback on areas to improve, how to avoid common mistakes, and what recruiters are looking for.
Useful Resume Tools Can Also be Found Below
Set up a LinkedIn profile. "LinkedIn is the largest business-oriented networking website geared specifically towards professionals. It has over 500 million members, in over 200 countries." (LinkedIn, 2018)
Career Center's powerful recruiting platform for UC Berkeley students and alumni.
- Step 2: Search For A Career
Job Search Tips
1. Setup Job Alerts: Not only can you tailor the alert to the exact position you are looking for, but alerts will give you a real-time updates when new jobs are posted that might interest you. The early bird gets the worm and many postings wills close once a certain number of applications are met.
2. Read Everything: Don't judge a posting based on the title alone. By reading through the description you may discover that you're a prefect fit for what they are looking for.
Where to Look?
A career can be found in the most obvious place or in one you were least expecting. The list below should help you start your search.
- Coming Soon
- Step 3: Networking & Interviewing
Research, Research, Research
- Step 4: Job Offers
OPT (Optional Practical Training)
Many of our former MA students are now in senior positions in industry and return to the department to recruit current students. The department’s Industrial Alliance Program also brings representatives of local firms to the department and creates recruitment opportunities for students. See the list below for more details on where our graduates are after completing the program.
Job & Internship Opportunities in Handshake
Where Do Our Graduates Work After Completing the Program?
- See the list of companies that employ our graduates.
- 7, Speech Scientist Intern
- Acumen LLC, Data and Policy Analyst
- AIG, Senior Risk Technical Expert
- Aiooki USA Inc., Intern
- American Airlines, Analyst, Operations Planning & Performance
- Arch Mortgage Insurance Company (Arch MI), Risk Analyst III
- Banco de México, Deputy Manager, Financial Specialist
- Bank of the West, Quantitative Analyst Senior, AVP
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, Economist
- CBS Interactive, Business Intelligence Intern
- Clover Health, Senior Data Scientist
- Customer Marketing Group, Analyst Intern
- Deloitte, Analytics Advisory Consultant
- Democracy Prep Public Schools, Data Fellow
- Discover Financial Services, Associate
- DNV GL, Analyst
- Drawbridge Inc., Data Analyst
- Encore Capital Group, Data Analyst
- FICO®, Analytic Science - Scientist I
- Fruition Sciences, Data Scientist
- General Mills, Consumer Insight Data Scientist
- Ghiradelli Chocolate Company, IT Business Analyst
- Google, Quantitative Analyst
- Houzz, Quantitative Analyst
- HP Inc., RFQ Cost Analyst / Business Planning
- IBM, Data Scientist & Software Developer
- IBM China, Data Scientist
- IBM DemandTec Solutions, Retail Modeling Statistician
- IHiS (Integrated Health Information Systems), Systems Analyst
- Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), Information Management Analyst
- JP Morgan, Associate
- JP Research, Inc., Research Analyst
- Korea Institute of Finance, Intern
- KPMG China, Consultant
- LeanTaaS, Data Engineer
- McKinsey & Company, Analyst
- Microsoft, Data & Applied Scientist II
- MITRE, Data Scientist
- Nielsen, Statistician
- Palantir Technologies, Deployed Computational Engineer
- PayPal, Risk Management Specialist
- Pinterest, Product Analyst
- Proctor & Gamble, Scientist
- Quick Bridge Funding, Data Scientist
- Schneider Electric & INRIA, PhD Student
- Shanghai Rosefinch Investment & Development Center Partnership Ltd., Quantitative Analyst
- State Farm, Life/Health Actuarial Analyst II
- Ten-X, Data Scientist
- Uber, Statistician
- Verisk Analytics, Analytic Scientist
- VigLink, Data Science Intern/Researcher
- Virtual Pediatric Systems, LLC, Data Analyst
- Walmart, Data Analyst, Global People Analytics
- Walmart eCommerce, Global Customer Insights and Analytics Intern
- Wells Fargo, Senior Marketing Database Analyst
*Updated as of Fall 2016