Three seminars regularly take place in the Department, and each year we also have two joint seminars with Stanford and a joint seminar with Davis.
Events has more information about seminars and events of relevance to people interested in probability and statistics.
Anyone can sign up to the department's firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list to receive related announcements. Those who are not members of list cannot post, however you can contact the list managers if you would like to have something relayed to it.
Adding seminars to your Google Calendar
Departmental events can be overlaid onto your Google Calendar. Subscribe to a calendar by following these simple steps:
- Right-click or Control-click one of the "ical" links below and choose to copy the link. Alternatively visit the calendar links, click the Subscribe button on the right side, and click "Copy Link" next to "All Calendars".
- Log into bCal.berkeley.edu.
- Click the + button to the RIGHT of "Other calendars" and choose "From URL".
- Paste the webcal link you copied in step 1 above and click "Add calendar". Repeat for each calendar.
- The calendars will now appear in the "Other calendars" listing on the lower left-hand side of the main Google Calendar screen.
To hide a calendar, click once on the calendar in the left-hand side listing. Its color will turn white and its events will vanish. Click once more to restore the events.
Other seminars of interest
There are a great many seminars on campus that are relevant and interesting to people engaged in statistics and probability research. Here is a non-exhaustive list: