Three seminars regularly take place in the Department, and each year we also have two joint seminars with Stanford and a joint seminar with Davis.
Events has more information about seminars and events of relevance to people interested in probability and statistics.
Anyone can sign up to the department's email@example.com mailing list to receive related announcements. Those who are not members of list cannot post, however you can contact the list managers if you would like to have something relayed to it.
Other seminars of interest
There are a great many seminars on campus that are relevant and interesting to people engaged in statistics and probability research. Here is a non-exhaustive list:
- Data, Society and Inference Seminar
- Economics Department's Seminars
- EECS Seminars
- Math Department's Seminars
- Risk Seminar
Adding seminars to your Google Calendar
Departmental events can be overlaid onto your Google Calendar. Subscribe to a calendar by following these simple steps:
- Copy the calendar's Google Calendar ID from the table below.
- Log into bCal.berkeley.edu. You must do this before you can view these calendars.
- Click the (downward pointing) arrow to the RIGHT of "Other Calendars".
- Paste the Calendar ID into the search field with the label "Add a coworker's calendar".
- The calendar will now appear in the "Other Calendars" listing on the lower left-hand side of the main Google Calendar screen.
To hide a calendar, click once on the calendar in the left-hand side listing. Its color will turn white and its events will vanish. Click once more to restore the events.
|Calendar||iCal||HTML||Google Calendar ID|
|Statistics and Genomics Seminar||Download||Viewfirstname.lastname@example.org|