All rooms are available for official university business only.
Scheduling Priority Order
- Statistics course and cross-listed course lectures, labs, recitations, discussions, and large course office hours
- Statistics official department meetings and seminars
- Statistics special events, lab/group meetings, and reading groups
- Statistics course and cross-listed course-related uses such as review sessions, extra office hours, and grading
- On a case by case basis, the Statistics Department may consider requests from partnering departments to schedule courses and meetings. See timing restrictions below.
Who Can Reserve Rooms
- All Statistics faculty, staff, graduate students and visitors
- Affiliated groups (SGSA, SUSA)
- Partnering departments on an individual basis:
- Cal Teach
- Data Science Undergraduate Studies
- Student Learning Center
- Math Department
- Public Health
Only the contact person who made the reservation may cancel or request a change to an existing reservation.
Normal building hours are M-Th 7:40am-10pm, Friday 7:40am - 6pm. The building is closed to the public all day on the weekends. Classrooms and seminar rooms are available M-Th until 9pm and Fridays until 6pm. Room 368 Evans (the Betty Scott Library) is only available M-F 9am-4pm.
- Events in our classroom after 6pm must be led/hosted by a member of the Statistics community (excluding undergraduates) or a GSI of one of our courses/cross-listed courses.
- For events in our seminar rooms after 6pm, the host must be a Statistics community member (excluding undergraduates).
The contact person reserving the room is responsible for ensuring that attendees have access to the room. The contact person is also responsible for closing the room if the meeting or event concludes after normal business hours. The contact person must remain in the room at all times and is responsible for ensuring the room is clean, closed and locked. Staff are only available to open classroom doors M-F 8am-12pm, and 1-5pm. If your event is after hours the contact person is responsible for picking up a key and returning the same day (if after hours please return in an envelope and slide under the door to 367 Evans).
1011 Evans Restrictions
1011 Evans is restricted to use by the Department.
1011 Evans is not available Wednesdays from 11am - 6pm during the academic year.
When Rooms Can Be Reserved
Classrooms (330, 332, 334, 340, 342, and 344) can only be reserved after semester courses are entered into the calendars, generally by the second week of classes.
Seminar rooms may be reserved year round but ongoing meetings can only be reserved one semester at a time.
- No food or drink beyond water in a closed container are allowed in the classrooms at any time.
- If food or beverages are served during an event in a seminar room the contact person making the room reservation is responsible for cleaning the room and removing all trash out of the room and placing either in the garbage cans located in the main hallways or taking down to the dumpsters located next to the loading dock.
- The contact person making the reservation is responsible for leaving all boards clean (without writing) before closing and locking the doors of classrooms and seminar rooms.
Seminar/Meeting Room Calendars
You must log into your bCal account before you can view these calendars. After clicking on the links below, you will see the corresponding calendar in your web browser.
|368 Evans||Stat-Lib-368 Betty Scott Cap:3||3||Library||No|
|422 Evans||Stat-Conf-422 Cap:10||10||Conference room||Yes|
|443 Evans||Stat-Conf-443 Cap:15||15||Conference room||No|
|1011 Evans||Stat-Conf-1011 Jerzy Neyman Cap:36||36||Conference room||Yes|
Rooms cannot be booked from these links. However, viewing room calendars can be useful when choosing a time slot for your event if you have a particular meeting room in mind.
Please note: There is a bug in bCal that occasionally results in the calendars linked above to appear blank, as if there are no events. If this happens for you, follow the steps on the next tab to subscribe to the room calendars in order to view their availability before reserving a room.
Subscribe to the Room Calendars
It might be a good idea to subscribe to the statistics seminar/meeting room calendars if you frequently make reservations.
At first, your bCal calendar will be suddenly overwhelmed. However, you can make calendars you do not use very often "disappear" when you don't need them: in bCal (i.e using the web interface), by clicking once on a calendar you switch its color to white and effectively do not see it on your calendar.
When you need to make a reservation, simply click once again on a calendar of interest to which you are subscribed. You'll immediately see the state of the room. Then simply follow the instructions above to make a reservation.
You can subscribe to a room calendar by following these simple steps:
- Log into your bCal account.
- Click the "+" button to the right of "Other Calendars" and choose "Browse resources".
- Scroll down down the page to find "Stat" and click on that. A list of room calendars will appear with the option to either preview or subscribe.
- Click the checkbox button for each room calendars you are interested in.
- The calendar(s) will now appear in the "Other Calendars" listing on the lower left-hand side of the main Google Calendar screen.
Room reservations requests should be made a minimum of 1-2 weeks prior to the scheduled event to ensure that you have time to find another venue on campus if our rooms are not available. We cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate any requests made less than a week in advance.
To reserve Evans third floor classrooms or general assignment classrooms (e.g., for larger or additional rooms for exams, for study sessions, etc.), please fill out the classroom request form below 1-2 weeks prior to the date of your event.
Reserve Seminar/Meeting Rooms
- Log into your bCal account.
- On your own calendar, click the day you'd like to schedule the event.
- Fill out the Event field and on the label "Add rooms or location", click "rooms".
- Start typing “Stat” and the list of rooms will start showing only relevant rooms. Alternatively, copy and paste the bCal name of the room you wish to reserve. See the "Room Calendars" tab above for the name of the calandar for each room. It helps if the "Show only available" box is checked. Finally, if you often have to reserve rooms, we suggest that you subscribe to the statistics room calendars. (See the `Subscribing` tab on this page.)
- Configure the rest of your event and click "Save". Your proposed event will appear on the room calendar. Unless you hear otherwise, the room is now booked for you. On rare occasions, a department event may take priority over a reservation you are trying to make, in which case the staff will contact you and try to find another room.
- Seminar Rooms (422, 443, and 1011 Evans) and the Betty Scott Library (368 Evans) require that a key from the Statistics Front Office that can be checked out during normal business hours M-F 9am-12pm and 1-4pm.