Meet the Course & Curriculum Support Team!
You may find the following useful as you prepare for your course and encounter issues after you have begun teaching. Most headings below are links to the relevant websites. Refer also to the Statistics Instructor Handbook for a comprehensive guide to instruction resources (pdf located at the bottom of this page).
- Latest Guidance for Instructors on Returning to Campus, Teaching, etc
- Instruction: Default mode of instruction is in-person but flexibility is key.
- Instructor Guidance: Information for instructors on how to prepare and what to expect for the Spring 2022 semester
- Academic Senate Instructor FAQs
- Student FAQs (for reference)
- Academic Calendar
The Academic Calendar will help you know when Instruction begins and ends, and when holidays are scheduled.
- This is UC Berkeley's web-based learning environment. It enables instructors and GSIs to create course websites that extend teaching and learning activities outside the classroom.
- Training workshops are often available through ETS. See workshop schedule for upcoming events.
- Cal Central
- View your class roster and get student emails. This is also where you will find submit midterm and final grades.
- Job aids are available here.
- Center for Teaching and Learning
The Center for Teaching and Learning partners with units across campus to promote evidence-based teaching and learning strategies and support the professional development of faculty, students, and staff as educators.
- Class Schedule
- Schedule, enrollment and wait list data available. Filter by semester first.
- Disabled Students Program
- General Assignment Classrooms
- Classroom Descriptions and Photos: Review photos and features of classrooms. The room change requests deadline is usually by the end of the second week of classes. Let the department scheduler know if you need to request a change as soon as possible.
- Report problems with general assignment classrooms, including broken furniture, missing chalk, faulty equipment, etc. as follows:
Issue or Question Who To Contact Hours Available Contact Information AV/Technology Educational Technology Services (ETS) 8:00am to 5:00pm (510) 643-8637
(lockout, maintenance, etc.)
Office of the Registrar
(lockout, maintenance, etc.)
7:30am - 5:00pm
- Educational Technology Services (ETS)
Audio, Video, and Other Services including:
- Technical Consulting; and Training Components.
- Youtube, Course Capture
- Computer Instructional Facilities
- Instructional Equipment Checkout
- General Assignment Classroom A/V support
Note: ETS does not support technology in department space (3rd floor classrooms). Contact the SCF for technology support in department space.
- Library Information for Faculty and Instructors
- Information about placing materials on course reserve, course readings in bCourses, and more.
- Mental Health Handbook for Faculty, Staff, and GSIs
- The Gold Folder is a good quick guide to review before the semester begins.
- Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination
The Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD) has the specific responsibility for providing prompt and effective responses to all complaints of sex discrimination or harassment for faculty, staff and students.
- The Office also responds to concerns from faculty and students regarding other forms of discrimination as covered by University Nondiscrimination policies-- such as, age, religion, national origin, etc.
- Police (UCPD)
- 1 Sproul Hall
- Emergencies dial 911
- Emergencies from a cell phone dial (510) 642-3333
- Non-emergency line 24-hours (515) 642-6760
- The Center for Student Conduct
- 205 Sproul Hall, Mail Code 2432 | 510-643-9069 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you encounter academic integrity issues in your class, refer to tips, policies, and procedures on the Student Conduct website.
- Students of Concern Committee
- You can submit a CARE Report if you are concerned about the personal, physical and emotional well-being of a student.
- When to Refer a Student