Students interested in teaching statistics and mathematics in middle or high school should take the following courses:
- All lower division courses required for the statistics major
- Stat 133 (Concepts in Computing with Data) OR Stat/Compsci C100 (Data, Inference, and Decisions) + Stat 33B (Introduction to Advanced Programming in R)
- Statistics 134 OR Statistics C140
- Statistics 135
- Two courses from Statistics C102, 150, 151A, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, or 159 including at least one course with a laboratory.
- Four Math courses: Mathematics 110, Mathematics 113, Mathematics 151, and either Mathematics 152 or Mathematics 153 are required.
If you are interested in teaching, consider the Cal Teach Program. You can even Minor in Math and Science Education!