Support Department Research
The Berkeley Statistics Department offers a variety of ways in which the outside community can interact with the department and support statistical research.
- Give informational sessions or tech talks in order to meet students and present career and internship opportunities within your company
- Post job listings on our LinkedIn MA/PhD alumni page
- Host a weekly hospitality hour within the department
- Sponsor a student travel fellowship
- Fund a student fellowship (see below for more information)
- Create a grant to promote research within the department on a topic of your choice
- Endow a Chair
- Provide discretional funds to our faculty for their research.
For more information about how you can engage with faculty and support research within the department, please contact the Industry Program Director, Song Mei or our Director of Communications and External Relations, Alex Coughlin. Visit our Industry Alliance Program page to learn more about the benefits of membership in this donation-based program.
Industry Funded Research and Fellowships
We are pleased to highlight research opportunities made possible by the generous support of industry partners.
- The Citadel Securities Student Fellowship
Citadel Securities generously supports an annual graduate student fellowship. This competitive fellowship provides a year of support to an exceptional PhD graduate student within the department. Past award recipients are:
- 2023: Fangzhou Su
- 2022: Ella Hiesmayr
- 2021: Taejoo Ahn
- 2020: Briton Park
- 2019: Mehdi Ouaki
- 2018: Jianbo Chen
- 2017: Lihua Lei
- 2016: Sören Künzel
- 2015: Arturo Fernandez
- 2014: Jonathan Terhorst
- 2013: Siqi Wu
- 2012: James Long
- The Bridgewater Student Fellowship
- 2019: Jake Soloff
- The Two Sigma Student Fellowship
- 2023: Saptarshi Chakraborty
- 2023: Daniel Raban
- 2022: Alice Cima
- 2021: Miyabi Ishihara
- 2020: Daniel Soriano
- The Genentech Student Fellowship
- 2020 Zoe Vernon
- 2019 Zoe Vernon
- 2019 Yuting Ye
We are pleased to connect our currents students with exciting job opportunities with IAP members and non-IAP members. Please submit the details of your open positions to the Director of Industry Relations.
Also please contact the Director for more information about the IAP, or if you are interested in advertising on either our MA/PhD Alumni or Undergraduate Alumni LinkedIn groups and/or on our Facebook page. For more information about hosting recruiting events in our department please visit our IAP page.