The mission of the SCF is to provide the Statistics community with state-of-the-art computing infrastructure, services, and consulting/troubleshooting to support both research and teaching. We strive to enable cutting-edge research activities, innovative instructional programs, and effective administration and communication within the community. To carry out its mission in support of our users, the SCF will:
- Communicate with, understand, and support the needs of our community as computing technologies evolve.
- Evaluate emerging software and hardware.
- Regularly evaluate and refine the design and delivery of its services and supporting infrastructure.
- Maintain the security of our systems, protect the privacy of individuals, and assure the integrity of data.
- Ensure that computing infrastructure is remotely accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The SCF also supports an extensive server, lab, and networking infrastructure for the Econometrics Laboratory of the Department of Economics.