|Requirement||UC Berkeley Course||Alternative|
|Calculus I||Math 1A||Equivalent Advanced Placement, IB, A-Levels per Math Department; or equivalent CA Community College course work per Assist.org, or equivalent course work from another 4-year college or out-of-state community college|
|Calculus II||Math 1B|
|Multivariable Calculus||Math 53|
|Linear Algebra and Differential Equations||Math 54|
|Upper Division Statistics||Stat 134 or Data/Stat C140||Evaluated as equivalent per Head Faculty Advisor|
The minor has the same lower division math prerequisite courses as the major (a total of four): Mathematics 1A, 1B, 53 and 54 with a grade no lower than a C in each. These courses can be taken at UC Berkeley or the equivalent can be taken elsewhere. Please refer to the Math Department for high school exam credit equivalencies and assist.org for equivalent courses at California Community Colleges.
Application Process to Declare
- Select your Statistics Minor courses.
- Create a long term program plan.
(If applicable) Collect and prepare to upload documentation verifying completion of prerequisites if they currently do not appear in CalCentral
For courses taken at another 4-year college or a community college outside of California, you will be expected to attach an equivalency evaluation completed by the Math Department.
- Complete the Statistics Minor Application.
- (Optional) Schedule an appointment with a Statistics Advisor. Students who have already completed the prerequisites are encouraged to schedule an appointment with a Staff Advisor after submitting their application to confirm eligibility, go over their program plan, and expedite the minor declaration process.
- After completing all minor courses, fill out the Completion of L&S Minor form.