ALL UNDERGRADUATE ADVISING SERVICES WILL BE HANDLED REMOTELY until further notice
- What Do You Need Help With?
- Join the Statistics Undergraduate Support Forum: Stat 001 Piazza
- Meet with an Advisor
- Whom to Contact - Faculty or Staff Advisor?
- Advisor Contact Information and Advising Hours
- Other Academic Advising and Support Resources
Use this triage advising form to help you navigate where to go and/or what to do. If you still require assistance, we can meet remotely via Remote Drop-In Advising or Scheduled Appointment.
Join the Statistics Undergraduate Support Forum: Stat 001 Piazza
The purpose of the forum is to provide Berkeley students with convenient access to general information about undergraduate courses and programs offered by the Department of Statistics. Search, post and even answer questions: piazza.com/berkeley/other/stat001/home. Please read through the Forum Policies before using the site.
Meet with an Advisor
Remote Drop-In Advising Hours
Sign in (join the waiting list) during drop-in hours here. You will not be able to sign in if drop-in hours have not started or have already ended. Sign-ins may end early if the waiting list is already too long for advisors to see all waiting students.
You can also view the current waitlist to check your position or see how many other students are already waiting.
Drop-in Advising will take place remotely over Google Hangouts/Meets until further notice. Students will be sent an invitation to join the meeting when they are next in line.
Current UC Berkeley students can book an appointment via CalCentral for the following reasons:
- Degree Check
- Undeclared Senior Hold
- 2Yr/4Yr Program Planning - we ask that students interested in long-term Program Planning refer to the Sample Program Plans and draft a Program Plan before scheduling an appointment or signing up for drop-in advising.
- Other/Reason Not Listed - this should be for complicated issues, not simple questions or requests. Students in this situation should book a 30-minute appointment.
These appointments take place over Google Hangouts/Meets by default. If you prefer a Zoom or phone meeting, please mention this when you book the appointment.
Click here for instructions on making an advising appointment via CalCentral. Note that if you are not a declared Statistics major, you will need to select Statistics from the dropdown menu for Advisor Type.
Whom to Contact - Faculty or Staff Advisor?
The Statistics Department has Faculty and Staff Advisors. You can best utilize your time and the advisors' time by first referring to the advisor who can best help you with your specific question or issue. Please read our website information and Frequently Asked Questions before contacting an advisor.
|Faculty Advisors||Staff Advisor||Google Request Form|
|Field of statistics||General Academic Policies**||Requesting approval for cluster course for the major|
General Statistics course content and selection*
|Major Declaration Process (see web page How to Declare first)**||Requesting approval to use a course taken elsewhere for the major|
|Research||When you have completed major declaration paperwork and are ready to declare**||Submitting a non-Statistics (for example, L&S) petition that requires a Stat Advisor signature.|
|Graduate school||Major completion checks and graduation**|
|Career exploration||Academic Probation**|
|Applied Cluster Approvals (when not explicitly on the Approved Cluster List)||Enrollment Issues***||
*For individual questions about the course content, policies, etc of a specific offering, contact the instructor or GSI/UGSI of the course concerned.
**Contact Stat Department Undergraduate Advisor during drop-in hours (see Advising Calendar) or email quick questions to stat-ugrad [at] berkeley [dot] edu.
***Contact the Enrollment Coordinator during drop-in hours (see Advising Calendar) or email quick questions to stat-enrollments [at] berkeley [dot] edu
- Denise Yee, Undergraduate Staff & Enrollment Advisor
Refer to the Advising Calendar above for drop-ins and appointment times.
-Appointments are booked through CalCentral
-Only remote advising until further notice
Quick advising questions? Students can reach Statistics Major Advisors by emailing stat-ugrad [at] berkeley [dot] edu.
Quick enrollment questions? Email stat-enrollments [at] berkeley [dot] edu (stat-enrollments [at] berkeley [dot] edu).
Statistics Undergraduate Faculty Advisors
- Prof. Ani Adhikari, HEAD Undergraduate Faculty Advisor
- Prof. Will Fithian, Undergraduate Faculty Advisor
To contact the Faculty Advisors about cluster course approvals or transfer coursework you wish to use to satisfy a major requirement, please submit this form (https://goo.gl/wze4xP). Be sure to upload a course description and syllabus. You will receive a response within 1-2 weeks.
- College of Letters & Science (academic policies)
- Student Learning Center (tutors, study groups, exam reviews, study skills)
- Student Life Advising
- Academic Services in the Residence Halls
- Private Tutoring by Statistics graduate students on a fee for services basis
- Student-to-Student Peer Counseling
- University Health Services Counseling (academic adjustments, stress and anxiety, etc.) and medical issues
- Disabled Students’ Program (academic accommodations, assistive technology, etc.)
- Center for Educational Equity and Excellence, including:
- Cal Independent Scholars Network
- Cal Veteran Services Center
- Educational Opportunity Program
- Re-entry Student Program
- Student Parent Center
- Transfer Student Services Center
- Undocumented Student Program