The mission of the SCF is to provide the Statistics community with state-of-the-art statistical research tools, services, and technical knowledge. We strive to enable cutting-edge research activities, innovative instructional programs, and effective administration and communication within the community. To carry out its mission, the SCF will:
- Respond to the needs of the community and support the activities of the community
- Experiment with emerging technologies and create proposals for further development of promising technologies
- Regularly evaluate and refine the design and delivery of its services and supporting infrastructure
- Maintain the security of our systems, protect the privacy of individuals, and assure the integrity of data.
- Be accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The SCF also supports an extensive server, lab, and networking infrastructure for the Econometrics Laboratory of the Department of Economics.