iPad User Guide
Login to the iPad
Press the home button and enter the access code.
The iPad may automatically log in to eduroam or AirBears2 using a service account. To change the WiFi network:
- Open the "Settings" application.
- Tap “Wi-Fi”. If not already on, slide the control button next to “Wi-Fi”. The color around the slider should be green.
- Choose a UC Berkeley wireless network, presumably the main network: eduroam.
- Some apps support the Apple Pencil as a scribbling utensil, while others recognize it as an extension of one’s finger.
- You will need to charge the Pencil periodically.
Annotate PDF or Doc files
- Open the Google Drive application and locate the document that you wish to open in notability.
- Find and tap the "..." next to the file name to invoke the options list on the image below.
- Tap "Open in", and then tap Notability on the applications list. Notability works best with PDF files, or documents created with Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides.
- When Notability opens, select "Create New Note".
- If the document is multi-page, every page will be selected by default, You must unselect the pages that you don't need.
- Tap "import". If an additional dialog with the list of imported files was generated, tap "done".
- Go to the Notability main page and select the new note.
Since the iPad belongs to the firstname.lastname@example.org Apple account, some apps like the Apple App Store are affiliated with the account. Other apps use a separate login. For example when using apps in the Google suite, you can login using your bConnected account.
Returning the iPad
- Sign out of each app, for example Google Drive.
- Delete any personal files and data.