We are Hiring! Assistant/Associate/Full Professor sought
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY
DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS
NOTE: The applications for the Assistant Professor position must be received by November 23, 2018. For the tenured position (Associate and Full Professor), applications must be received by December 28, 2018.
The Department of Statistics at the University of California, Berkeley seeks applications
for an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor position, in all areas of theoretical and applied probability or statistics with an expected start date of July 1, 2019. Professorships and Associate Professorships carry tenure, and Assistant Professor positions are regarded as tenure-track.
We take a broad view of Statistical Science, and we will consider strong candidates
working in theoretical or applied probability and strong candidates in applied statistics
who work at the interface between statistics and the computational, biological, physical and social sciences.
The Department is interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their teaching, research, and service.
Basic qualifications: Enrolled in a PhD (or equivalent international degree) granting program or must have PhD (or equivalent international degree) at the time of application.
Preferred qualifications: The successful candidate in the Assistant Professor position will preferably finish the PhD or equivalent degree within one year of their appointment’s expected start date. Tenure-track applicants are expected to have demonstrated research potential; tenured applicants should have established research accomplishments. Serious consideration will be given to the candidate’s potential for success in mentoring PhD students, the candidate’s record in teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and evidence of effective leadership. Serious consideration will be given to professional service, including service promoting access to and diversity in higher education and the academic professor. Rank will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Applications should be submitted online, through AP Recruit:
Applicants should provide the following required documents for a complete application:
• Curriculum Vitae: Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter: letter of interest
• Statement of Research (Optional for tenured position)
• Statement of Teaching (Optional for tenured position)
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity: Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching and/or service. For more information please go to https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recruitment/contributions-diversity
• Publications: Up to 3 publications (or preprints or thesis drafts) (Optional)
• Tenure-Track only: 3 Letters of Recommendation. Letter writers will receive a URL from the online system through which to upload their letters. All letters should preferably be received by November 23, 2018. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure that letters of recommendation are submitted on time.
• Tenured only: Names to Solicit Letters of Recommendations: Provide names and contact information for three people who are familiar with the candidate’s scholarly work. Letters of recommendations for tenured positions will be solicited by the University of California.
All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential letter writers, including when letters are provided via a third-party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality: http://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html prior to submitting their letters.
For the tenure track, applications must be received by November 23, 2018. For the tenured, applications must be received by December 28, 2018. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
The Department is committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: